Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4-15-2009 Virginia Living Museum

We went to the Virginia Living Museum today. I've been here before, but I hadn't been on the outside trail. Even though it was rainning, I had Tyler & Summer be my guides and show me what they thought I needed to see. Our first stop was at the otter tank. They put on quite a show for us. The otters kept diving down deep and them swimming faster and faster to jump up out of the water. It was quite impressive. I could have stayed there for hours watching them, but my guides pulled me away!


This is a red wolf. We spotted three of them living in the enclosure.
This is a couple of Bald Eagles. I had never seen any "real" ones up close before.

We stopped for a photo op. I just love all the green in Virginia.

This is a bobcat. It reminds me of my "Buffy" kitty at home. She just sat there and let us take lots of pictures.

A little hard to see, but this is a pic of two deer.

This looks like the "Tom" we ate a Thanksgiving!


This is a baby alligator that was sleeping with his nose up against the rock.

This is one of the fish tanks! They look like baby sharks, but Tyler assured me that they weren't!

Summer asking one of the volunteers for advice.
Chris, Heather and Ryder . . . .

This is my kind of state! I could live here on the window ledge! When I move to my next house, this is the kind of view I want to be looking at every day.

Even though it was an overcast, rainy day, (my kind of weather) you can see that Spring is in full bloom. Had to get a photo with Heather in front of the beautiful tree.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

It was so nice meeting you! Hope you have a safe trip home!