Sunday, January 25, 2009

I couldn't stand it!

As most of you know, I had surgery two weeks ago. I am supposed to be on bed rest, but I am allowed to get up and walk around. I'm not supposed to do housework or vaccum for 3 more weeks. The Doctor said I can go back to work on February 23, 2009. As luck would have it, both Beth and Hal had to work during the two days that all this piled up in the kitchen. Where was Sandford you ask, well he wasn't helping! Well not helping me anyways (sorry Philip). He has "other" people that he must drive around and talk to on the phone for hours at a time. I'm lucky if I can get him to vaccum for me. I usually have to do the vaccuming every other day. When Hal isn't working at Disney, he has been very helpful doing things around the house and doing things for me. Beth says she can't help because she has 3 stitches in her finger. (See blog below) Did I mention that I have a slit from hip to hip? I have no idea how many stitches I have but it is WAY more than three! She says I did it to myself so that's my bad. I am doing my best to not take advantage of Hal's good nature and willingness to jump in whenever there is a need, but he has a job, a life and a fiancee' that is demanding. (just like all the other Skadsem women) So what I'd like to know is (truthfully) if you were in my situation, would you bite the bullet and do it yourself? Sandford and Beth say I'm stubborn and it will get done eventually! I know Chris will take my side on this! I love you Chris! And Hal, you are more appreciated that words can say!

Ok, you all know I have issues, and having a "Picked up" kitchen is one of them.
I am holed up in the family room on the couch during my recovery and this is the view I had of the kitchen for 2 days straight!




!


When is there EVER an excuse for having a sink full of dirty dishes? We have a dishwasher for goodness sakes


It took me awhile, I move more slowly than usual, but I finally got it under control. At least something that wasn't making me insanely crazy!


I can't STAND to have dishes in the sink. A sink should be clean!


And your granite countertops should be able to be seen! And shine!


I even fixed a chicken casserole with brownies for desert!

1 comment:

kristina16marie said...

My house is just as filthy and I don't have any stitches...is that bad?